Genie Money collects and generates various data points about You. Data by which You are identified is termed as “Personal Data”. Personal Data does not mean information that is freely available or accessible in the public domain. Your Privacy is of utmost importance to us and the protection of your Personal Data is a key commitment for us. We are governed by the provisions of applicable law in India including the Information Technology Act 2000 and the Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 to maintain the privacy of your Personal Data.
Personal Data –
Personal Data we may collect from you are as under:
- Personal details (e.g.Name, Contact Details including, Residential Address, Date of Birth, Documents such as Identity Card / Passport Details / Aadhaar Details / PAN / Voter ID / Driving License, and/or Education Details) provided by You to us to avail various products/services from us.
- Your transaction details are conducted through our platform/s.
- Financial details (e.g.Income, Expenses, and/or Credit History) are needed as part of a request for some of our products/services;
- Images of documents/ photos required to avail of any of our products/services.
- Voice recordings of our conversations with our customer care agent with You to address Your queries/grievances;
- Employment details (e.g.Occupation, Positions Held, Employment History, Salary, and/or Benefits) as part of our record retention for credit/various product evaluations or required under applicable law including Prevention of Money Laundering (Maintenance of Records) Rules, 2005
- Opinions provided by You to us by way of feedback or responses to surveys;
- Information obtained from Your mobile device by way of using our app like device location, communication information including contacts and call logs, device information (including storage, model, mobile network), and transactional and promotional SMS/app notifications.
- Access to Your mobile camera device for the functioning of many in-app functionalities including, but not limited to scan & pay, etc.,
- Access to files from Your mobile device such as audio, and video files for the functioning of many in-app functionalities including, but not limited to in-app chat,
Sharing of Your Personal Data –
Any Personal Data that we have access to shall never be shared without Your consent. In various processes/submission of applications/availing of product/service offerings, we even seek Your explicit consent to use/share Your Personal Data. In our business and operational processes, we only share the data on a partial and “need-to-know” basis with designated personnel or partners, or service providers. We will share your data with competent/ legal/statutory/regulatory agencies/authorities or partners/service providers acting on our behalf (as the case may be) in the following cases:
- Only for enabling the provision of the products/services availed by You, strictly on a “need to know” basis and subject to applicable laws.
- It is directed or required by Legal/ Regulatory / Statutory / Governmental authorities under applicable Laws/ Regulations through a Legally obligated request.
- It is required by financial institutions to verify, mitigate or prevent fraud or to manage risk or recover funds in accordance with applicable laws/regulations.
Usage of your Personal Data –
We use Your Personal Data in our business activities for providing our or our partners’ products/services and to perform, among other actions, the following:
- To facilitate the transactions or report on these transactions;
- To undertake research and analytics for offering or improving our products/services and their security and service quality;
- To check and process Your requirements submitted to us for products/services and/or instructions or requests received from You in respect of these products/services;
- To share with You, updates on changes to the products/services and their terms and conditions;
- To take up or investigate any complaints/claims/disputes;
- To respond to Your queries or feedback submitted by You;
- To verify Your identity for us to provide products/services to You;
- To undertake various reporting, and create and maintain various risk management models;
- For conducting audits and for record-keeping purposes;
- For selective offers and promotions.
Purging of your Personal Data –
- You may delete your Genie Money account at any point in time by making such a choice on Genie Money’s desktop website, mobile WAP site, or mobile application. With this, we will no longer provide your data for external processing as mentioned above. However, we retain your Personal Data as long as the purpose for its usage exists, after which the same is disposed of by us except for any record retention required as per applicable law.
- The provisions of various laws require your transaction logs to be stored for longer periods post the deletion of an account. Further, in the event of the pendency of any legal/regulatory proceeding or receipt of any legal and/or regulatory direction to that effect, we may be required by the law of the land to retain your Personal Data for longer periods.
- Please note that a “cookie” is a small piece of information stored by a web server on a web browser so it can be later read back from that browser.
- We may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered.
- No Personal Data will be collected via cookies and other tracking technology; however, if you previously provided Personal Data, cookies may be tied to such information.
Links to Other Websites –
Reasonable Security Practices & Procedures –
We take various steps and measures to protect the security of Your Personal Data from misuse, loss, unauthorized access, modification, or disclosure. We use the latest secure server layers encryption and access control on our systems. Our safety and security processes are audited internally from time to time. We have provided multiple levels of security to safeguard your app through the Login/Logout option and App-Lock feature that can be enabled by you. We are also ensuring the “Device Binding” so that the same login cannot be used on a different devices without any additional authentication/OTP. Please do not share your Genie Moneylogin, password, and OTP details with anybody.
Contact Us –
You may contact us on any aspect of this policy or for any discrepancies/grievances with respect to your Personal Data, by writing to us at Techno Tara Private Limited, 703, Spaces 912, Mira Bhayander Road, Mira Road East, Thane, Maharashtra, 401107, India.
Policy Review & Updates –
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
In case of a cancellation from any business associate, the security deposit paid for the registration / association will be refunded as per terms agreed between the Company and the Associate during the time of registration and through Direct Credit via digital medium to the Associate’s account as per policy of Genie Money.
In case of a refund due to an erroneous transaction, the amount paid will be refunded through Direct Credit via digital medium to the Associate’s account as per the prevailing policy of Genie Money.